One Week of Building FutureSchool Pulse From Scratch: What Actually Happened

 


One Week of Building FutureSchool Pulse From Scratch: What Actually Happened

No team, no budget, and a toddler who doesn't nap. Here's an honest look at what it actually took to launch this blog in a week — the real numbers included.

Why I started this at all

A school found me by asking ChatGPT who could run an AI literacy programme for their learners — not by searching Google, not through a referral. That single moment made something clear: if AI tools are already how people find providers like me, I needed somewhere solid for them to land once they did. So I started writing.

What actually got done in one week

  • 5 blog posts published, one for each of four content pillars: Schools & Teachers, Parents, South African Education, and Behind the Build
  • A full Google Business Profile rebuild — services rewritten, photos updated, categories tightened
  • A LinkedIn overhaul — About section, Featured links, and Experience all rewritten to actually match what I do now, instead of an old, generic bio
  • Google Search Console set up, so new posts get indexed faster instead of waiting around
  • A custom black/cream/gold brand look applied across the blog header, post banners, and GMB photos, instead of Blogger's default theme

The number that actually surprised me

Three days in, my blog's own traffic report showed a visit from chatgpt.com as a direct referrer — sitting right there next to blogger.com itself. That's the exact loop I built this whole thing to test, showing up faster than I expected.

What was harder than expected

  • Consistency across platforms took more thought than the content itself. Getting "PatienceR" to mean the same thing on the blog, GMB, and LinkedIn — same name, same story, same tone — took more untangling than writing any single post did, mostly because of old accounts and half-finished profiles from earlier chapters of this business.
  • Deciding what not to publish yet. Specific details about a pilot programme still in conversation stayed generalised rather than named — easier to soften later than to walk back.

What I'd tell someone starting this from zero

  • Don't wait for a perfect content calendar before publishing your first post
  • Fix your other profiles (GMB, LinkedIn) in the same week as your first posts, not months later — they reinforce each other
  • Write the post that only you could write first — mine was the ChatGPT-origin story, and it's still the one I'd point someone to first

FAQ

How much of this took actual technical skill? Less than it looks like. Blogger, GMB, and LinkedIn are all free, no-code tools — the work was mostly decision-making and consistency, not technical setup.

Is this repeatable for someone with even less time than a week? Yes — the biggest lever (getting your existing profiles consistent) doesn't require new content at all, just cleanup.

Where can I shortcut this if I don't want to figure it all out myself? That’s exactly the kind of build-from-scratch work The Vault exists for — a done-for-you library of AI-assisted workflows and templates designed for people who’d rather skip the trial and error I just described.

If you’d like to find out more about The Vault, or you need help setting up something similar for yourself or your community, please WhatsApp me now so we can start that conversation.


— PatienceR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Built an AI Extramural for a School That Hadn't Opened Yet

Should My Child Be Using ChatGPT for Homework?

Why Good AI Education Isn't About More Screen Time